Looking for something new to sip on a hot summer afternoon? Perhaps have extra watermelon from the weekend barbeque? Try these watermelon cocktails out for a refreshing twist to some old favorites.
Virgin Watermelon Cape Cod
- 1 Cup Cubed Watermelon
- 2 Cups Cranberry Juice
- 1/4 Cup Grenadine
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- Seltzer Water
- Puree the ingredients in a blender.
- Strain, then pour 3/4 cup of the strained puree into ice filled glasses.
- Top with seltzer and garnish with lemon.
Frozen Watermelon Margarita
- 1 1/2 Cups Cubed Watermelon
- 1 Cup Tequila
- 1/2 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Cointreau or Triple Sec (or any orange liqueur)
- 1 to 2 Tbs Simple Syrup or Agave Nectar (can also use powered sugar)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Ice
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Divide among glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and watermelon chunk.
Ingredients (per mojito):
- 2 Watermelon Chunks
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tsp Sugar or Simple Syrup
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- 2 Oz White Rum
- Muddle the watermelon, lime juice and sugar into each glass.
- Stir in the mint leaves.
- Add rum and ice.
- Top with ginger ale, and garnish with more mint.