This recipe can actually be made the day before Thanksgiving, which means one more thing you can check off your list before the big day!
- 9 Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
- 6 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but firm, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl or stand mixer, and mash until smooth.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or continue cooking.
Two options for cooking:
Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, spread potatoes into a lightly greased baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
Crockpot: Place the potato mixture into the Crockpot and heat on high stirring a few times to ensure the potatoes don’t stick to the sides. Once hot, set the Crockpot to warm until ready to serve.
Tip: If you prefer fluffier potatoes, simply add some milk before baking. You can try using onion and chive flavored cream cheese for an extra boost of flavor!