This caribbean shrimp recipe makes for a beautiful and tasty appetizer, and can also be turned into a healthy dinner by adding a small salad.
And while this recipe calls for fresh mango and papaya, it's also good with pineapple and other tropical fruits.
- 1 Can (4 oz) Chopped Jalapeno Chilies
- 3 Tbs Lime Juice
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 2 Tsp Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Pounds Cooked Peeled and Cleaned Large Shrimp
- 1 Medium Mango or 2 Medium Peaches
- 1 Medium Papaya
- Drain chilies in a strainer.
- Make a marinade by mixing the chilies, lime juice, honey and Jerk seasoning in a large container with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the shrimp, close the lid, and shake until the shrimp are coated
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, cut the mango and papaya into 1/2-inch pieces.
- When ready to serve, add the mango and papaya to the shrimp and give the container one last shake to mix all ingredients.
Tip: Can't find Jerk seasoning? Make your own by combining 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves. Add 1/8 teaspoon each of ground red pepper (cayenne), salt and sugar.