Make this Moroccan-Inspired Beef Stew when you’re short on time, but want to serve something full of flavor!
- 1 ½ Pounds Beef Chuck, Cut Into Chunks
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes (About 1 Pound) Cut Into ½-inch think half-moons
- 1 28-Ounce Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Large Red Onion, Cut Into Wedges
- 3/4 Cup Dried Apricots
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 10-Ounce Box Couscous
- 1 15-Ounce Can Chickpeas, Rinsed
- 3 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Almonds, Chopped
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the beef, potatoes, tomatoes (and their juices), onion, apricots, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook in a slow cooker, covered, until the meat is tender, on high for 4 to 5 hours, or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
- Add the chickpeas to the slow cooker and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the spinach. Serve with the couscous and sprinkle with almonds.