A cross between a seafood and Waldorf salad, this cool and crisp recipe is perfect for an elegant ladies brunch, or a hot day when you feel like making something special.
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts
- 3 Tbs Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 4 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tbs Finely Diced Celery
- 4 Tbs Finely Diced Granny Smith Apple
- 8 Oz. Lump Crabmeat
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the walnuts on a pie or cake pan and toast for 8 minutes, until fragrant.
- Transfer to a plate and let cool. Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and dijon mustard.
- Stir in the celery and apple.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat and walnuts, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over greens, with crackers, or in a roll as a sandwich.
Tips: The salad can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Fold in the walnuts just before serving.
Experiment with your favorite seasonings like thyme, basil, or tarragon by replacing the dijon mustard with 1 teaspoons of your favorite spice.