The most AMAZING rum cake you’ve ever had...
Warning: This dessert is not for the timid! Don’t even bother with this one if you don’t like the taste of rum. But if you do like rum, ooooo boy are you in for a treat.
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 5 Oz Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Rum (Dark, Light or Spiced - Pick Your Fave!)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Cold Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Pour batter over nuts and bake 1 hour.
- Let cake cool and then invert on serving plate.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, and then prick holes on the top of the cake with a skewer, chopstick, or toothpick. (This is so the glaze will seep into the cake)
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar, and boil 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in rum.
- Let sit for a few minutes to cool a bit.
- Spoon the glaze over the top and sides of the cake. It may take 4 or 5 times to get all of the glaze soaked in.