Fun! Your friends are throwing a fajita party on Friday.
You're supposed to bring something.
You're looking for something a little lighter than the typical complementary items like refried beans or queso.
And since the party is right after work on Friday, something that you can make the day before that transports easily.
Well look no further my fajita-loving friend.
This Mexican Bean Salad is refreshing for the summer, and yet has a slight kick that will pair nicely with the fajitas.
Plus, since it only gets better as it sits in the fridge, you can just grab it when you get home from work and head straight to the party with no fuss.
So the next time you're invited to fajita night and are asked to bring something, call dibs on the salad. You have the perfect recipe for a fresh mexican bean salad that will fit in perfectly with the menu.
Until our next meal,
Mexican Bean Salad
- 1 15-oz Can Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 15-oz Can Corn, Drained
- 1 15-oz Can Chickpeas, Drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Agave Nectar or Honey
- 1/2 Tbs Salt
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Tbs Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tbs Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Dash Hot Pepper Sauce
- In a large container with a tight fitting lid, combine beans, bell peppers, and corn.
- In a small container, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, honey or agave nectar, salt, garlic, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, and hot sauce.
- Shake small container until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour dressing over vegetables; cover and shake lightly.
- Chill thoroughly, making sure to rotate the container a few times to remix the dressing and vegetables.
- Serve cold.
Tip: Serve by itself as a bean salad, or serve over chopped tomatoes and romaine lettuce to serve as a more "traditional" salad.