Don't you dare throw those bananas away.
Instead, do a quick fist pump and yell "woo hoo!"
You're about to experience a treat that words just can't do justice.
Sure you think you've had good banana bread. But this recipe took me several attempts to perfect and it is now, without a doubt, the best banana bread I've ever tasted.
Warning: Once you make this recipe you will probably experience some or all of the following...
You'll find yourself buying bananas in bulk just so that you'll have extra to have turn brown.
You'll start playing "banana nazi" forbidding people to eat bananas at your house.
Your friends will start snooping around your kitchen more often to see if you have any banana bread to eat.
Your house guests will come to expect it.
And you will be asked for the recipe time and time again.
By making this recipe you are consenting that you understand these risks and will not hold me responsible.
So the next time your bananas turn brown, get excited! You have the perfect recipe for delicious banana bread that will once again make your house smell amazing.
Seeing a trend here? Who needs incense when you have good smelling recipes? I actually have a loaf in my oven right now as I'm writing this.
Until our next meal,
Side note: I make this recipe with 1/2 oatmeal for a reason. It started because I was trying to put oatmeal in recipes to keep my husband's bad cholesterol down. But it ended up giving the bread such great texture, that we fell in love with it. If you prefer though, you can use 2 cups of flour instead of one cup of each. It's still as delicious, but I highly recommend you try it with the oatmeal.
Oatmeal Banana Bread
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Cooking Oats
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 4 Mashed Overripe Bananas
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture and add vanilla; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack.
Have you tried this recipe? Do you have a question or comment for me?
I invite you to leave it as a comment below!