So I feel I need to be honest with you right up front ...
I HATE SALMON.
"But you can't hate salmon! You're a self-proclaimed lover of good food!"
I know, it's shocking. But there is just something downright fishy about that fish. Don't get me wrong, I adore raw salmon when I'm eating sushi. But the smell and taste of cooked salmon makes me want to gag.
Enter the love of my life ...
An "eat anything kind of guy" (and a dream for this cook!) who likes to eat salmon for its cholesterol reducing benefits.
And with that ring I thee set out to find recipes that would mask what illed me, and would actually ... dare I say it ... let me enjoy cooked salmon
The Maple Soy Glazed Salmon recipe was my first victory in the war on salmon. And whether you're a salmon lover or hater, or somewhere in between, I'm pretty darn sure you'll end up adding this recipe to your own personal cookbook.
And for my fellow salmon haters, be sure and check back. I have quite a few more recipes that when requested to make salmon you'll reply:
"I have the perfect recipe!"
Until our next meal,
Maple Glazed Salmon
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 4 Tbs Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 6oz Salmon Fillets
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In measuring cup, mixe the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture.
- Place baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered for 25 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. At 10 and 20 minutes into baking, open the oven and spoon the glaze over the salmon. It will help it to stick and create a nice glaze.
- Once it's ready, I love to serve it with brown rice and steamed broccoli, and pour the sauce over everything. It's delicious!
Note: If you are not planning to serve with anything that soaks up the sauce, you can easily cut the sauce in half, or add two more fillets.
Have you tried this recipe? Or do you have any questions for me?
I invite you to leave a comment below!